I’m back at it… whipping up another no-bake recipe today, and once again, it involves cheesecake 🙂 Call me obsessed, but I’m always in when there’s cheesecake involved. While I absolutely LOVE making my perfect NY cheesecake, this summer I wanted to try something different. I made a quick no-bake filling studded with Snickers chunks and swirled with caramel, poured it into a no-bake Oreo crust and topped with with lots of roasted peanuts, candy pieces and caramel. Not only did it turn out looking like a million bucks, but it tasted pretty darn good too!
I’m starting to become a lot more comfortable with no-bake desserts. That’s both good and dangerous! Earlier in the summer I made my first no-bake cheesecake and it was perfect, however, it was way more traditional (with a graham cracker crust and strawberries on top). This Snickers cheesecake is kind of the opposite of that. More decadent and less fruity.
It’s like biting into a giant Snickers bar, only a little more creamy on the inside. P.S. Don’t get intimidated by everything that’s going on- it’s a breeze to make and no matter what you do to it, it’ll look absolutely stunning!
To start, you’ll want to grind up Oreo cookies for the crust and combine them with bit of butter, sugar and salt. When that’s all mixed up you’ll press it into a 9-inch springform pan (or a large/deep pie dish) and chill it for 2 hours or until firm. Then you’ll beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, add in the vanilla extract, salt, sour cream and caramel sauce. Once that’s mixed together all you need to do is fold in the whipping cream (or Cool Whip), gelatin and the Snickers chunks. Then garnish the top with roasted peanuts and lots of extra caramel (fudge sauce would be a nice addition too). I added a few chunks of Snickers… because in this case, more is definitely a good thing!
Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving, then slice it up and enjoy! I hope you’ll love this no-bake cheesecake as much as we did- it’s definitely the perfect treat for those days when you just don’t feel like baking!!
- For the crust:
- 2 c. Oreo or chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 2½ (12 oz.) blocks original cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 c. homemade whipped cream or 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1½ tsp. powdered gelatin
- 1 c. chopped Snickers candy
- For the topping:
- ½ c. roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp. fudge sauce (optional)
- ⅓ c. chopped Snickers candy
- To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the Oreo crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a standard size pie plate or a 9-inch springform pan. Chill for 2 hours before adding the filling.
- Meanwhile, let your cream cheese and sour cream warm on the counter for at least 30 minutes before using.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the salt and vanilla, mix until combined. With mixing speed on low, add the sour cream and caramel, then bring up to medium speed. Beat until combined.
- In a small bowl mix the water along with the gelatin, then place in the microwave and heat for 25 seconds. Remove and whisk for 30 seconds, then allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the whipped cream or Cool Whip along with the gelatin, then add in the Snickers chunks. Place into the crust, spread into an even layer. Top with peanuts, caramel, fudge (if desired) and Snickers chunks. Chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving, I prefer overnight.
-You can omit the gelatin if you want to. I’ve made no-bake cheesecakes without it before and they turn out great, just slightly less stiff.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple